WIB Business Services Team Seeks New Business Resource Specialist
At the Workforce Investment Board of Tulare County (WIB) we believe that too many people are unemployed or in low wage jobs that don’t sustain their families, and too many businesses have high quality-jobs that go unfilled. This belief informs our strategies and drives the work of the WIB, our staff, and partners.
The WIB is seeking a highly motivated Business Resource Specialist to join our dynamic and fast-paced team. As a Business Resource Specialist, you will play a key role in driving our organization’s growth and success through convening industry partners to identify local skills gaps and workforce trends, brokering solution with education and training partners that increase support for in demand industries and jobs, and make investments in skills training for workers and workforce solutions for businesses.
· Conduct research and analysis on the local business environment and market trends.
· Develop and maintaining relationships with local businesses and industry associations.
· Facilitate industry led conversations to identify skills gaps in the current workforce which are preventing businesses from filling open positions.
· Partner with educational institutions to develop training programs that lead to in-demand high quality jobs.
· Assist businesses with finding skilled workers through direct hiring practices, on-the-job training incentives, and subsidized employment programs.
At the WIB we value diversity, equity, and inclusiveness and are committed to creating a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, a dynamic and supportive work environment, and opportunities for professional growth and development.
Follow the link to the Tulare County Human Resource and Development website link to see the full job description and to complete the application.
This position will close: Saturday, March 11th.
$5,243 - $6,389 Monthly